Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Return of the Metropolitan

I have now returned home to suburban Maryland after a long month traveling in the desert Southwest and throughout California from the Mexican border to southern Oregon.  It is difficult to fathom that Sally Ann and I have only been home five weeks since the end of June having also spent three months at the Sabbathday Lake cottage on True’s Point, in New Gloucester, Maine.  Sally Ann, who has spent the month of November visiting Florida and cruising the Caribbean, has also returned home and so we have a lot of catching up to do.  It feels good to settle back into our own lives and routines again, especially as we enter the holiday season.  Too bad that I have come down with a horrendous head and chest cold which promptly knocked me off my feet.

One of the items high on my list of things to so is the resumption of regular postings on the Looking Toward Portugal blogspot.  I will soon be sharing excerpts from my travel diary recorded during my recent road trip on the western edge of America.  It should be up in the next week or so, depending on my recuperation.  I also have several new random notes to post later this month and early in the New Year.

In the meantime, however, it is time to get better and to reacquaint myself with the more fast-paced life of the metropolis.  Here’s wishing you and yours a festive a safe holiday season.

Check out the "Looking Toward Portugal" Facebook page for more information and photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment