Saturday, March 21, 2015

Will You Still Need Me, Will You Still Feed Me?

When I get older losing my hair,
Many years from now.
Will you still be sending me a Valentine
Birthday greetings bottle of wine.


When I first sang along with this song so many years ago I never gave it much thought that one day this might apply to me.  This is not to say that I have reached that plateau in my life where I am looking at the long, downward path that can only lead to a gradual (or perhaps a speedy) circling of the drain. 

Yours sincerely, wasting away . . . .

I feel I have a few good years left in me as I reach a milestone celebrated in song.  But then there is that nagging question . . . .

Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four? *


* John Lennon and Paul McCartney, 1967 © EMI.  Check out the "Looking Toward Portugal" Facebook page for more information and photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment