Sunday, April 3, 2022

Wishing My Mom a Very Happy 97th Birthday!!

Photo taken April 2, 2022
Who could not love that smile?  Today my mother i
s celebrating her 97th birthday.  She was born on this day in 1925 in Grand Rapids, Michigan and grew up in in Paw Paw, Michigan where she lived until she married my father on March 9, 1946. Dad passed away in 2009 but Mom has continued to live on her own ever since.  Currently residing in Canal Winchester, a suburb of Columbus, Ohio, perhaps she is moving a little slower these days (I feel your pain Mom), yet she still drives, and she loves to get out and about and enjoy what life has to offer in spite of the pandemic.  I only regret that I have not had an opportunity to visit with her over these past two years.  Still, we text each other every day sharing news, weather forecasts and reports, and idle gossip.  She keeps busy watching Ohio State sports, golf, her favorite programs, and she is always reading something.

So, on this very special day I am wishing my Mom all the best as she celebrates 97 journeys around the sun.  Let's all help her blow out all these candle!




No comments:

Post a Comment